Thursday, July 9, 2009

More Q&A




Tami from Lubbock, TX writes:

Q: Charlie - I bought your book on Amazon. Parts of it were interesting, but there was really no plot twists or antagonist and I lost interest in the story. Is Italian Fable a better book?

Q: Tami, so kind of you to respond quickly upon reading my American Fable novel. Sorry to disappoint you on my story line, which if you think about it a bit, has well-defined twists and antagonists, but they are subtly related to the profound changes in our system of government and the way we finance it.

In contrast, my Italian Fable deals with pre- and post- WWII events, beginning in 1923, when my roaring twenties hero (a 6’3” 23-year-old Robert Redford) and his two heroines (a 19-year-old Charlize Theron and later on a 28-year-old Diane Lane) face the reality of a Fascist Europe, from the English Channel to the Ural Mountains.

Better story line for your taste? Perhaps, but money and politics also come into play at the tail end, after all the young lovemaking; family formation; and spy war heroics are complete. This second fable echoes my first, but is staged 65 years earlier. I think you may enjoy my fictional hero’s late ‘30’s meetings with FDR, Churchill, Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, and Pope Pius XII, who are perhaps somewhat more interesting than present-day figures, because they were giants engaged in a global battle.

Tami, give me your mailing address, and I’ll send you a complimentary copy of An Italian Fable as soon as it is published, possibly next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment