Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Letter to Governor Palin


Dear Governor:

Eight months ago, someone on your Governor staff expressed mild interest in my social/economic proposals for 21st Century America.

My blog predictions and follow-ups over the past year have sure enough become reality. I said,

“Sarah Palin is not a ’15-minute of fame and who gives a shit’ flash – she’s good for 15 years, and is the gutsy gal to lead constitutional tea party and conservative Republicans to a 2010 election victory greater than Newt’s 1994 turnaround – but it wouldn’t hurt if Newt were at her side.” (They called me an ‘old fart’.)

I don’t pretend to be a soothsayer – just an agile mind among 50 million other senior voting Americans – who might – just might – determine our 21st Century Manifest Destiny for my kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids.

I remain, your admirer,

Charles Speer

charlesspeer@yahoo.com

www.charliespeer.com (short story and essay writings to date and blog link)

No comments:

Post a Comment